Love in the Mirror
Love in the Mirror began with the love of Jonas, a 6 year old boy who wanted to help kids that were less fortunate than him by giving them things he felt no child should live without. The idea grew into a non-profit organization that strives to meet the needs of disadvantaged youth, while at the same time, kids like Jonas can gain the ability to develop self-esteem and learn great leadership skills. With the support of dedicated adults, these kids can grow into great community leaders and feel good about themselves while they offer those in need necessities like clothes, toiletries, learning materials, toys and a chance to be happy so they can look in the mirror and love what they see.
“Every child should look in the mirror and love what they see.” Jonas Corona, Age 6
Love in the Mirror is a charitable organization that strives to inspire young people to MAKE A DIFFERENCE through their volunteer commitment of providing disadvantaged youth and their families with basic necessities such as food, clothing and learning materials.
Definition of Homeless
The term homeless children and youth means individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. This definition also includes:
- Children and youth who are sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason
- Children who may be living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, shelters, or awaiting foster care placement
- Children and youth who have a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings
- Children and youth who are living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings, or
- Migratory children who qualify as homeless because they are children who are living in similar circumstances listed above